Kommetjie is a perfect setting for water sports and nature lovers
- world class surfing at Long Beach (0km)
- 8km walk from Long Beach to Noordhoek
- swim with the endangered African Penguin Colony in Simonstown (12 km)
- learn to surf in the warm Indian Ocean in Fish Hoek (11km) and Muizenberg (16km)
- explore the spectacular Cape Point Nature Reserve (33km ) kite surfing,sea kayaking,rock and game fishing,diving for crayfish,and whalewatching all 0km from 5 Pelican Place!!!
- Jeremy will usually(surf permitting) take our guests out to sea on our boat in order to partake in these delightful activities.
Connoisseurs of fine wines ,outstanding restaurants, exclusive wine estates and golf courses can take a relaxed 15 minute drive over the breathtaking Silvermine Mountain Pass to enjoy these luxuries. If it’s indoor shopping you’re after,Long Beach Mall (5km) offers cinemas,boutiques,restaurants, banks etc.
The city, with its vibrant V&A Waterfront and Table Mountain , is a mere 45 minute drive from Kommetjie on the highway, and a 25 minute drive across the historical Chapmans Peak Drive, which is due to re-open in October 2003.